Print Marketing: 8 Benefits to Leverage in Your Business
You’re always looking for ways to improve your business. What better way than with print marketing? Below are eight benefits print marketing provides to leverage in your business.
1. Print marketing is cost-effective.
Print is cost-effective because of its high return on investment.
The return on investment of print marketing is about 13 to 1. This could partially be driven by the way print drives people to act. About 80% of consumers act on direct print mail advertisements compared to 45% for electronic advertisements. Furthermore, we will work with you to find the best solution to fit your budget. Whatever you choose, it’ll pay off!
2. Print marketing has staying power.
The best marketing strategy is the one that stays in your customers’ minds.
The best way to stick in your customers’ minds is by utilizing a marketing campaign that provides advertisements that customers will hold onto. Print marketing does just that! Customers tend to hold onto their brochures, magazines, pamphlets, and promotional products. The longer they hold onto it, the more likely they’ll remember your company and buy from you.
3. Print marketing is visible.
Digital ads flash across the screen, following the old adage, “Out of sight, out of mind.”
But the best marketing campaigns are the ones that are visible to the clients and allow the clients to truly digest the information.
The Penny Experiment
Here’s an example. Think of a penny. What does it look like? Which way is Lincoln facing? What words and numbers are on it? What do they say? Where are they placed? Now, look up a picture of a penny.
How well did you do? If you’re like most people, you probably didn’t do very well. Why? After all, you’ve seen a penny numerous times. It’s because you never truly looked at a penny, therefore, the physical attributes were never properly encoded into your mind.
When advertising, you want the material to be properly encoded in the minds of your consumers. Print is a powerful tool to achieve this. For example, print advertising, on average, leads to 77% brand recall compared to 46% for digital ads.
4. Print marketing outperforms screens.
Print outperforms the digital world in a variety of categories.
5. Print marketing generates better retention.
Multiple studies show that print causes higher levels of recall.
6. Print marketing provides connection.
Print feels more personal.
After years of COVID, people are craving connection. Print feels more real and personal than digital advertisements. Perhaps this perceived connection is why people trust print more. 82% of consumers trust print ads the most when making a purchase decision.
7. Print marketing appeals to all ages.
In order to have the best marketing campaign, you’ll want to be able to effectively reach your entire target audience.
The problem? Not everyone is tech-savvy. Sometimes, you can even spot a member of the younger generation yelling at their electronic device. Luckily, print doesn’t require technical skills to navigate. It won’t anger any of your potential clients.
8. Print marketing is a multi-sensory experience.
Great marketing appeals to all the senses, and print can help you do that.
- Print appeals to the sense of touch. Customers can feel the weight and texture of the paper, and they can feel the turn of the pages.
- Print appeals to the sense of smell, and people love the smell of fresh ink.
- Print appeals to the sense of hearing, and customers can hear the crinkle of the paper and the rip of the envelope.
- Print appeals to the sense of sight, and customers can see the vibrancy of the colors without the eye strain caused by screens.
- Technically print can appeal to the sense of taste. But, we don’t recommend that.
We want you and your business to be successful, and we believe we can help you on your road to success by helping you leverage the benefits of print in your marketing strategy.